Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's raining, it's pouring...

Our winter rainy season has begun. We expect it to last two or three days, which doesn't sound like much. However, our southern CA streets and gutters can't handle the workload of any water at all, and we get pretty wet around here. Rainy days in So Cal are good days to stay in.

Still, I'm optimistic. I had my son hang my spring-themed daffodil garden flag outside, and I'm hoping to see some buds on the peach tree.

I guess I'm just feeling "springy". I cleaned out two closets and a cupboard today, which felt great. Hubby started me on my path by digging out one corner of our bedroom and turning it into a little office space for himself. It looks GREAT and all that junk he'd had piled there is gone! I'm so happy.

I responded by cleaning out his cupboards. It's amazing the types of things you find in the cupboard of a man who really doesn't care how he looks. The pillowcase I thought was lost was carefully folded amongst his tee-shirts... all six hundred or so of them. He won't have to buy a tee-shirt until 2014. And now they're all neatly folded and placed appropriately for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment