Thursday, April 16, 2009

Using What You Have 2

I don't usually post more than once in a day, but I really liked this snippet of info posted by my friend, Shavawn, on another site:

I'm going to go make potato soup for dinner because my potatoes are starting to grow and my milk is about to expire! Nothing will go to waste now! Would that be considered as going green?

Yes! It's absolutely going green. Once those potatoes sprout, there's green everywhere :o) Actually, using what you have and figuring out how to make it work WELL is the best part of this post. My dad told me his mother encouraged him to scrape out every can and use every drop of liquid -- she said it wasn't being "cheap" it was being a "good cook". I think it's both! And both are good. Why throw perfectly good food away? Good job, Shavawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment